1st Sunday in month: Holy Communion at 9.30 am
2nd Sunday in month: Family Service at 9.30 am
3rd Sunday in month: Holy Communion at 9.30 am
4th Sunday in month: Morning Prayer at 9.30 am
5th Sunday in month: (services shared between benefice churches)
We are friendly, welcoming congregation worshipping regularly together. Our young people serve at our Holy Communion services and play a vital role in our growing family service.
There has been a church on the present site since Norman times. Originally this consisted of a nave and chancel. During the 13th century a tower was built on the site of the present north transept, and during the following century the south transept was added. In the 15th century the upper part of the tower was removed, its thick-walled ground floor becoming the north transept, and in 1484 the Perpendicular west tower was built. A south aisle was added in 1815 and a north aisle in 1843. Several internal walls were replaced by arches to improve audibility and visibility during major repairs in 1872.
During the 1872 alterations an attractive, tiny, stained-glass Norman window, was moved from the south wall of the nave to the west wall of the south aisle. We are proud of our splendid new Nicholson pipe organ, which was installed in 1993.
The tower has a fine ring of 8 bells and a regular bell ringing team. New members are most welcome.
The new graveyard on the other side of the main road has been used for burials since 1887.
The church badly needs modern facilities such as toilets and a kitchen and a steering group has prepared plans and is raising money to provide these.
Knitted nativity set made by our congregation and friends for Christingle service.
Our church has even played host to farming equipment on Plough Sunday!